Snow and more snow

Happily, we've just had so far - lovely snow. 

The sleet is currently falling this evening, but the temperatures (for Clemson, SC) are predicted to gradually rise around freezing overnight, so accumulations of the 2-4 inches won't (hopefully) be issues in terms of power outages. (The snow hasn't accumulated on trees and power lines, thankfully).

This isn't the case for lots of folks across a wide band of the SE US, unfortunately. 

And we have another "snow" day tomorrow, with campus closed again.

I'd have photos, but my camera is up in the mountains (left behind by accident in the bread box drawer!)

Hmm, WHEN will I be able to get out and get the beds ready for early spring plantings of peas and greens?   Nothing has overwintered, for sure, so I'll definitely be starting with a clean slate!

Comments

  1. Yep. I kinda think my usual overwinters did not make it through this winter's abundant snow and cold temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to the area so I check your blog to see what's "normal" for the weather and gardens here. I'm glad the last year is unusual. Looks like we're in for a warm stretch. I hope you can get out in your garden.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm new to the area and check your blog to see what's "normal" for the weather and gardens. Glad to year the last year is unusual. It looks like we're heading in to a warm stretch. I hope you can get out in your garden.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I enjoy hearing from fellow nature lovers and gardeners. Let me know your thoughts.